It's All About
Anxiety and Depression
Hey there and welcome to anxiety and depression 101.
I have made this website to help us share and exchange ideas on anxiety, depression and stress too.
Having gone through a period of depression, I want to tell my story and probably help someone out there.
I will let you know how it started with me(yes, follow me around the site for this!), the warning signs of depression you should check out for, and how to get over it like I have done!
I will even go ahead and show you the exact depression test I did online that prompted me to seek advice and help. Together with that, I will show you other depression tests that I have come across through research that you can take.
I also want to share with you the signs of depression that I went through and give you insights of what my thoughts were during this period.
Please note that am not a qualified medical practitioner. Use information in this website just as a guide.
Seek qualified professional help in case you identify with some of the things I will be mentioning in this website.
This website will reflect my personal journey through depression. However, I have also dedicated some time to research.
After getting back to normal, I needed to know more about depression. I have been researching on the differences between anxiety, depression and stress.
I have also looked at how depression affects children, teenagers, women, men and the elderly.
Maybe you are wondering what the motivation to make this website is. Let me give you a little background.
In my country, many people go through anxiety and depression and don't get any help at all. The reason is simple, we can't afford professional help fees.
Again, out of a population of about 47 million people, the internet penetration is about 5 million people. Of this group, most access the internet via their phones.
..and yes, you guessed right. They only check mail, and interact with friends on Facebook!
Am among the lucky few that can do more with the internet than just chat and check mail.
Again, thanks to Solo Build It!, I have got the tools to share my experience with the world.
I know this will sound corny but honestly, I have never met a psychiatrist all my life! ...and yes, I went through depression and am well again!
I owe my healing to ordinary people with almost no medical background. I will be telling you more about this in the "About me" page.
So, if this happened to me, I know the information in this website will help someone out there.
Who can use this site?
If you are suffering from anxiety and depression, I think this is the right place to start. Learn from my experience.
If you are a student researcher, I have done quite some bit of research to act as a guide for you. Start here.
If you are a qualified medical professional, there's something for you too. I hope you will also participate in improving the content of this website.
Send me corrections, more details and more angles to the different sections and topics of my website. I will really appreciate them.
If you are curious about whether you may be getting a depression attack, there's no better place to start than here to verify and find your answers.
Do you have a family member or friend you think may be suffering from depression? Again, no better place to get him initial assistance than here. Remember, information is power.
Or are you just curious about finding out about anxiety and depression? Welcome and learn!
So, do you fall in to any of the above categories?? Let's learn together.
Remember that anxiety and depression 101 website is designed for information purposes only and should not substitute a professional opinion/help.
- Signs of Depression
- There are different types of depression and each exhibits different warning signs. See the signs of depression here.
- Different types of depression and their symptoms
- The different types of depression and their symptoms/signs. See details here.
- Is it anxiety or depression that you suffer from?
- Is It anxiety or depression? What are the differences between anxiety and depression? Find out here.
- Depression Tests: Self Tests
- Afraid you may be suffering from depression but not sure? Take a Depression Test. Find out what depression tests are here.
- Depression Self Help Tips: An action plan
- Which depression self help tips can you use to help yourself manage depression? Find them here.
- Depression remedies you can use at home.
- Natural depression remedies that you can use to relieve depression at home. See them here.
- Depression Foods: What to eat when depressed
- Are you depressed? Find some depression foods that help fight depression here.
- Nutritious depression foods recipes | Make foods that help fight depression
- Are you searching for depression foods recipes? Find some here.
- Postnatal Depression |Post Partum Depression
- what causes postnatal depression? How can one tell if someone is suffering from post partum depression? Find out here.
- Age and Depression: What is the relationship between them?
- What is the relationship between age and depression? Find out now.
- DEPRESSION IN BABIES - Causes, Symptoms and Remedies
- What causes depression in babies? Can a baby be depressed? How can one tell that their baby is depressed? Find out here.
- Depression In Children | Causes, Signs, Remedies
- What causes depression in children ? Is your child in danger of getting depressed ? How can this be remedied or treated?
- About depression in teenagers | Teenagers and depression
- What are the signs of depression in teenagers? What steps should be taken? Find out here.
- depression in women | Women and depression
- Why are depression in women figures higher than those of men? Find out here.
- Learn about menopause and depression
- menopause and depression : What's the relashionship between them? Can onset of menopause cause depression?
- What causes depression in marriage? |Remedies| Help
- What are the main causes of depression in marriage? How can a couple go about helping each other to alleviate it? What are the possible outcomes of such depression in marriage?
- More useful resources to help fight or remedy anxiety and depression
- See some of the coolest useful resources in the web on depression, it's treatment, remedies and other related information
- Alcohol and Depression - The Link Between Them
- Is there any link between alcohol and depression. People who take alcohol regularly are said to have a higher risk factor when it comes to depression. Why is this so? Find out here.
- Antidepression Medication
- antidepression medication is about psychiatric drugs used to treat depression, anxiety disorders and conditions that have depression as a component such as a bipolar disorder. Read on...
- Share Your Worst Depression Experience
- What is the worst depression experience you ever went through? Share your story with others here.
- Contribute to Anxiety And Depression
- Would you like to share your knowledge about anxiety and depression? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.